So, we were nominated by a lovely blogger called A Moment with Franca to do a blog link-up called The Liebster Award. I think the idea behind it is to champion us rather new or slightly less followed bloggers (like us!). If you would rather not take part that’s totally fine. Just thought I’d link you all into this post in case you we are for sharing a little more about your wonderful selves.
First up are 11 things you might not know about me (Sarah):
- I have never broken a bone.
- I have a degree in International Relations and TESOL
- I have probably eaten dog while teaching in Shanghai
- I secretly want to be an MP
- I will go grey at a fairly early age
- I own all the Twilight movies (guilty pleasure)
- My highest swimming certificate is 25 metres
- I lose either my keys, phone or purse once a day
- I have never smoked a cigarette, but I have stepped on a lit cigarette in bare feet
- I know all the words to The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
- I have good squats
Next up are 11 questions posed by Franca herself:
1) What do you find most challenging about blogging?
The discipline! It also feels quite time consuming if you haven’t worked out the best way to go about it.
2) What was one of the most unusual experiences you’ve encountered?
Nothing too crazy has ever happened to me. Oh, but when I was a child a punched a crow.
3) Where’s your hometown and what’s the best thing about it?
My hometown is Great Yarmouth. The best thing about growing up there was buying two hot, sugared doughnuts for 70p. Or a kid’s cone of chips for 20p!
4) What are three things you cannot live without?
Jesus. My lunchbox. Make-up.
5) What is your most prized possession?
6) Describe yourself in three words.
Organised. Empathetic. Creative.
7) What is your favorite memory as a child?
Going to see Titanic at the cinema with my grandma.
8) What is your greatest fear?
Becoming too fearful to take risks.
9) Where would be your ideal holiday destination?
Tricky one. Right now I’m tempted to say, ‘anywhere!’. I would love to take the kids to Eurocamp in the Netherlands. If we had the chance without kids, Cuba.
10) What’s your favorite TV show?
At the moment, Homeland, though we are way behind.
11) Do you speak another language?
If we’ve nominated you to do this, then here’s the rules:
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog.
- Post the Liebster Award badge on your blog.
- Write 11 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 4-11 bloggers (with fewer than 1,000 Twitter followers) who you feel deserve the award.
- Answer the 11 questions posted by the blogger that nominated you.
- Write 11 new questions for your nominees.
And here are our 11 questions for you guys:
- What post have you enjoyed writing the most?
- Why did you start blogging?
- If you could have meal with anyone ( dead or alive who would it be) and why?
- What is your favourite place to visit in the UK?
- When was the last time you had a lie in past 8.30am?
- What are you excited about happening in the next three months?
- What’s will be your biggest challenge in the next six months?
- Would you rather be a culinary master chef or melodically gifted musician?
- What’s your least favourite job round the house?
- What’s your favourite vegetable?
- What’s your biggest hope for your child/children?
And here are the lovely bloggers I want to nominate! There are nine, and I’ve included links to their Twitter so you can give them all a follow.
Don’t Be Sorry / @dontbesorry2
Mummy Here and There / @mummyherethere
Phil’s Frolics / @philsfrolics
A Little Lyrical / @alittlelyrical
Rainbow Mam / @rainbowmamuk
Our Little Escapades / @OurLitEscapades
The Williams’ World / @traceycwilliams
All About A Mini Norris /@amininorrisblog
Whisky and Milk / @whiskyandmilk
So there you go. Once you’ve done your ‘Liebster Award’ post, tweet us a link (@4fortheroad) and we’ll retweet it to our followers too.